Sunday, October 14, 2012

A thing left unfinished

you cut off one head
and two rise in its place -
baffling
terrifying
fire breathing
hydra

hercules, being hercules
doused each fang
with fire
and they never grew again

my fire does no more than sizzle
the deadly fangs
i, not being hercules
perhaps do not have the mental muscles
to throttle the pangs
of melancholia,
my personal hydra

once i cut off one  head
is it two, or three, or four,
that rise in its place?

yes, here it is again
come back to finish something
started even before
my earliest memory

4 comments:

  1. very nice poem I think in this situation we have to go through as Odysseus does when he return from underworld leaving hydra and churyabid side by side came back home safely completing his 20 years adventurous journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. does this poem show that you are craving for something? if yes, what?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is not me who has the craving, but depression, that wishes to fiNish me off

    ReplyDelete
  4. depress bhaneko spring justai ho jati dabayo uti strong hune so u would better to share with your soul mates whether they could show u a solution u can with me also if u believe me.

    ReplyDelete