Sunday, January 26, 2014

"one love" - my mermaid

She
is smart and vivacious
funny and loving,

When I see her,
a happy feeling spreads from my eyes
to my mouth, making me smile
to the bottom of my stomach,
making me feel warm

my mermaid she is
the woman i will never have
for she feels not even a drop
of what i feel

If she had been a man
I would have been so confused
Is he the one?
Is he the love of my life?
Should I put all my eggs in this basket?
If I do and he breaks them, will I ever recover?
What kind of father will he be?
Do I really want children that look and talk like him?
Does he do the dishes at home?
Will he if I ask him to?
Will he ask me to make tea when his friends come visiting?

Because she isn't a man,
I don't have to worry about
if she is "the one"
I don't have to look for everything
in the same person

I can see my feelings for her
as exactly what it is
a bundle of affection
with no strings attached

No one is perfect
And I don't have to reject her
Or forget her
because she doesn't meet my ideals
And isn't "the one"

I can simply
Enjoy her company
Be happy for her smiles
And continue to wish her well
From wherever I am

Instead of bogging us down with
questions
expectations
disappointments

And that is the way it should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment