Wednesday, August 18, 2021

जिजिविषा

There is light rain on the windows
I draw back from it with a frown

I have waited days for this day
Planning, cajoling, scheduling
So that i can get away for a few hours
And enjoy a glimpse of
What i used to be

But then there comes the rain
I am disappointed
But i say, well, another day

This reminds me of olden days
When no amount of rain
Would have stopped me
I have a raincoat, i would say
How can you say there will
Be no rain tomorrow, or the day after, Or the whole month, I would say
And i would run off
No matter how wet or muddy i got
It was worth it to me
The experience of new things
The taste of life

For such is the desperate desire for life
That you only see in the young

And now I am jaded
Or cone could say - wiser
And i easily say
There will be another day

If only my life
Continued for another 200 years
Or a thousand years
I would grow wiser and wiser
Every day
More and more patient
I would then conquer the world

But that is not the way of life
One day my daughter will be
Youthful and desperate
Just as desperate as
I used to be
And she will set out into the rain
I have a raincoat, she will say

And I, powerless,
Or maybe unwilling
To stop her
Will sigh as i set about
Making recovery soup
And setting out her warmest
And dryest clothes
For when she comes back

And just like that
My well made wisdom will tumble
Like a house of cards

Such is the way of life
To make and build
With all the passion
As if it will last into eternity
But then to destroy everything
In an instant
Like a castle of sand
And to rebuild
Again and again and again

No comments:

Post a Comment