Monday, May 29, 2023

Where are the girls

There is a new pond 
In my.neighbourhood
Several, actually 

Something of a revival
A restoration
Of old springs that used to be

Dug up before they are
Buried by houses
That would have inevitably sprouted
If the place was left alone
As a bushy swamp

And now the ponds look beautiful
Surrounded by walls of
Traditional-looking
Orange bricks
Some carved stone spouts
And some beautiful structures

I take in all the beauty
All the serenity that comes with water
As I walk around the perimeter
Wishing there I was pond-view cafe
Where I could sit and work

And then I hear the splash
And see what's causing it
Boys
Six seven eight nine ten years old
Taking a dip
Into the green, algae filled water
Getting some coolness
On this parching hot day
Some take laps around the pool
Spme just fooling around
Some naked some partially

I enjoy their joy
Their happiness
Their facility of enjoying
Public structures
And I enjoy theur ability
To take off their clothes
And out it back on
In public, at leisure

I contemplate
On this happy moment
As I think
Is it allowed?
But of course, 
It belongs to them,
I think again

And then
The thought
Buzzing
At the back of my mind
Grows louder and louder
Until I can no longer ignore it

WHERE ARE THE GIRLS?

No comments:

Post a Comment