Monday, April 22, 2013

I know it is not love when

You say you love me
But i know
I can never be happy with you

I know, because i have known love

Love is that
Which makes you soar
Makes you smile
Makes you happy
Makes you kind
Makes you creative
Makes you give your best
And smile through it

Love is
When you don't mind waking hours
To complete an essay
When you don't mind
Making efforts for those less fortunate
For the unhappy souls who are always cranky
Because they are unloved

Love is
When you don't mind
Giving them their share
Letting them win
Listening to them whine

Just because
The one you love
Is in your life
And looks upon you kindly
Just because you have so much love
That you don't mind sharing

I know,
Because i have known such love
I have been
Inspired by it

And what you foist on me
Is nothing but
A heavy burden
Of your love
Piled years deep
That you expect me
To be grateful about!

If it does not make me soar
Does not make me kind
Does not inspire me to make an effort
For those less fortunate,
It is not love

No,this is not the love
That i can live with

1 comment:

  1. I know,
    Because i have known such love
    I have been
    Inspired by it

    ReplyDelete