Monday, April 29, 2013

Pants on fire

While i bounce off
The shiny, squeaky clean surface of
The straight-talker,

I find the layers upon layers
Of your personality
Oddly familiar
And for that reason,
Inviting.

Every layer
Has something different
The softness of fluffy candy
The smell of roses
The prickly thorns
The moisture of blood and tears
The mysterious past
The glamorous sadness
The cauldrons of stories
The alluring loneliness
You have it all.

The comfort of love.
The promise of adventure.
And at the center of the layers
Even the warmth of crisp blankets
That i could cuddle up and fall asleep in
With the layers of your petals
Protectively keeping watch all the time

And if you know which layer
I do not like
You will give me another
Even better
More dazzling than ever

I could just walk in your maze
For hours and hours

I could almost forget
That it is humanely impossible
To be so many things at once

Unless you are a
Liar,
Liar

No comments:

Post a Comment