Saturday, September 7, 2013

Thing of beauty

I remember being so tired of men
Writing about women's breasts
I knew, when i shed my inhibitions,
I would write about a man's body

But, the words fail me
As
In my imagination
I turn away from
Flat (pun intended) chests
And find myself describing
Things of beauty,
Curiosity,
Complexity,

{
What is it?

(Let's face it, we are ALL obsessed with
Women's bodies?)

(I am bisexual?)

(Ubiquitous male literuature has
objectified women so much
That i have internalized it?)
}

6 comments:

  1. It's strange isn't it? Because these are our bodies, why is it that if we have to write about them, they become another's body and not our own? I (sometimes) feel women have trouble saying acknowledging we're women, not in a concious way but in a deeper, psychic way, because we're not entirely sure what that means. It was a significant moment for me, when I acknowledged that I was a woman and that I was writing not only from that location, but that I was also going to write or rather re-write 'woman' and what it meant for me, that I could spend my life time just on this project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a great feeling to be understood, karuna, thanks for writing in :)
      indeed it is hard to write as a woman, first of all, because we have very little precedent, so we have no idea how to go about it. and second, because we are always scared of the repercussions of writing too frankly. and none of this is even conscious for us to recognize and counter. these is wat i feel
      i miss ur blog!!!!

      Delete
    2. I have absconded :) And contemplating deleting it. I will share whenever I start a new one perhaps.

      Delete
  2. Did you fight with bhoju?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you fight with @bhoju?

    ReplyDelete