Saturday, September 8, 2018

Timbu

i walk for days
limbs tired
skin sweaty
longing all the while

for a glimpse
of the little lake
On top of the mountain
so pure
so clean
through its water
i can see the glittering jewels
lying at its bottom
i can see the green hills around
reflected in its eyes

i carry the lake
in my heart

and when i see it i know
i can dive into it for hours
to the world it is a tiny bit of water but
i can go deeper and deeper down
and it will always open up
new depths for me
like your heart that always has
new doors for me to explore

its crisp coldness
encircling me like a warmth
like your memory
always keeping me company

and yet it is beyond me
there is always more of it
than i will ever know
like your eyes with
their guarded gaze

the stillness of the water
That will hold for me
No matter what storm
Rages outside

it is home
it is heaven
it is where i am safe
it is where i leave
all impurities behind
it is where i know
nothing can touch me
nothing will mark me

from here i emerge
purified
energized
strengthened
radiant

it is what your soul
means to me

No comments:

Post a Comment