Friday, November 23, 2012

Insecurities

Don't drink when I am gone,
 it will ruin your liver

Don't smoke,
or your lungs will go up  in smoke

Don't hang out too late with the guys,
it ruins your sleep and gives you pimples

Don't you DARE overstuff yourself,
you will get fat, and you don't want that,
do you baby?

So many instructions for my baby

An observer might be forgiven
That it's because I care so much
When inside, deep down
I just don't want you to enjoy anything without me
Enjoy anything, more than me
In truth, I am just scared
That when I see you,
I won't recognize you
Because something else will have taken the place
Of your love for me

I am just scared
That something will steal you away from me

In truth, I just want you all by myself


Thanks to Anoopam Axl for the inspiration

1 comment: