Thursday, September 17, 2020

the calm

 As a storm rages within

I stay perfectly calm within

Unable to react to anything

(In other words, dead)


I wonder if it is 

The storm before the calm

When life my fall into place


Or the calm before the storm

When all hel breaks loose

And I am jerked out of 

This stupor, willy nilly


Holding on, sewing together

Hoping that the storm within

Does not make my skin

Burst open at the seams


Who knows if the storm will pass

Who knows if the floods will abae


Every day is an unbearable wait

For something that will change this life

 

It is so difficult to take

Even the next step

When the air seems

Denser than water

And I am wading

Against strong currents

 

And yet, 

Finding the courage

Every dya

To just get through

Just one more day.....

 


No comments:

Post a Comment